Superfood focus – Camu Camu
Camu camu is a low-growing shrub found throughout the Amazon rain forests of Peru and Brazil. It produces a lemon sized, light orange to purplish red fruit with yellow pulp. This fruit is packed with more natural vitamin C than any other food source recorded on the planet!
Benefits of Camu Camu:
- Vitamin C – more than any other food! (1/2 teaspoon of powder provides more than 400% the Daily Value!)
- Strengthens immune system
- High in anti-oxidants
- Balances mood – effective and safe antidepressant.
- Supports optimal function of nervous system including eye and brain functions.
- Provides arthritic protection by helping reduce inflammation.
- Anti-viral (effective against all forms of the Herpes virus)
- Liver protective
Camu camu can be bought in powdered form (I love the Loving Earth brand) and has quite a distinctive and slightly bitter taste. I use it in smoothies or sprinkled in baked goods to boost the nutritional value of the food. It works well with citrus and berries.
Trackback from your site.