Autism Spectrum Disorders
Autism and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) involve a multi-system breakdown coming from and characterised by dysfunctions in metabolism, the immune system, brain and digestive functions and neuro-developmental delay.
Most autistic patients have many of the same underlying issues such as gut dysfunction and malabsorption, toxicity, infection, allergies, impaired cognitive function, inflammation (in the form of asthma, eczema, gut dysfunction, and/or impairment in brain function).
Due to the multi-factorial nature of ASD, treatment must be holistic and address all these components in addition to examining environmental factors.
There are several tests that Belinda may use to assess the patient and specify treatment. These include:
- Urinary Porphyrin test – determines the burden of toxic heavy metals on the body as well as measuring the effects of the metals
- Melisa test – a neurobehavioural panel
- Organic Acids test – examines environmental pollutants
- Hair Mineral Analysis – useful for screening for heavy metal toxicity
- CDSA / stool testing – to assess gut dysfunction
Belinda is committed to supporting these multi-system dysfunctions and working closely with parents and children to help them achieve better health and wellness.